The church leadership has put together a parking plan in anticipation of our move to our new home in Oxford Street. We need your assistance to observe these parking requirements, which are a condition for us to be able to use 338 Oxford Street as a place of worship. Please be a blessing and not a burden to our neighbours!
As a general principle, we are not to park in front of residential dwellings or near St Mary’s Catholic Church. These areas are clearly marked on the map with a red cross. It is vitally important that we observe this.
To make it easier for Sonlifers and visitors to find their parking locations, street parking in the vicinity of the church have been designated into different colour-coded zones:
- Black (on Franklin Street alongside the church building) – Drop off zone
- Green (on Franklin Street opposite drop off zone) – Visitors zone
- Purple (end of Franklin Street) – Special needs zone (parents with prams, elderly)
- Blue (southernmost part of Shakespeare Street) – Senior zone
- White (Oxford Street) – Adult zone
- Yellow (north side of Marian Street ) – Young Adult zone
During the first two months after the move, there will be carpark marshals (members of the relevant Connect Groups in each zone) to help you find where to parking. Please follow their directions.
Normal street parking restrictions are to be observed for church events other than regular and special services.
There will be a review of the parking plan after two months to ensure everything is working well.
Details of this parking plan and the respective parking zones will also be provided to the Connect Group Leaders, who will be able to answer your questions. You may also refer to the church website for information.